As a Ukrainian bank, PIVDENNYI is regulated and supervised by the National Bank of Ukraine.
The Bank was registered with the NBU on 3 December, 1993 and its current full banking license was re-issued on 07 October, 2011.
Pursuant to Article 2 of the Bank’s by-laws, the Bank is entitled to carry out various types of banking operations provided for under applicable Ukrainian legislation and specified in the written permit issued by the NBU.
In particular, the Bank is authorized to:
- attract and place foreign currency in Ukraine and abroad;
- open and operate current and deposit accounts for clients and correspondent banks;
- conduct foreign exchange and money market operations;
- sell and purchase securities both for its own account and on behalf of its clients;
- provide bank guarantees;
- carry out factoring and leasing operations;
- issue and settle cheques, bills of exchange and other payment instruments;
- issue bank cards and;
- provide asset management services.
The Bank holds a license to conduct professional securities market operations (including activities related to the issuance and trading of securities in the securities markets and the provision of custodian services) issued by the Securities and Stock Market State Commission (the SSMSC).